Where is M/S Westerdam now? click here

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hautulco, Mexico

April 22

I was in bed by 10:00 and slept fitfully and felt awful.  I slept for awhile sitting up in bed and some more sitting up on the sofa.  I woke up about every hour.  Woke up finally about 9:15 but stayed in bed and looked out the window for about a half an hour.  Felt better as the morning progressed but still do not have much of an appetite.

Went down to service desk and put my $100 of Traveller's Checques ( I have had them since the 1990s) toward my onboard account.  Then to the Lido to read some before I felt like lunch.  Had my usual "not feeling my best" lunch of rice.

Played geography trivia with Connie and Sue.  We did not win.
Q.  In what city was the world's first skyscraper?
Q.  In what country did the first tank battle take place?
Q.  What percentage of the Earth's surface is covered by salt water oceans?

All-aboard time was 2:30 and two people did not return on time.  They are going to meet us in Puerto Vallarta, I understand.

The Indonesian Crew show was at three but when I got to the theater it was standing room only.  I stood and watched the first two acts but couldn't stand for the rest of it.  Instead I went to the Lido and had some lemon sherbet.

Culinary trivia was next.  We did not win.
Q.  What beer do you mix with champagne to make a "Black Velvet"?
Q.  What happens to the color of red wine as it ages?
Q.  How many ml does the average wine bottle hold?

After trivia I sat in the Explorer's Lounge and looked out at the sea.  There were a number of flying fish and dolphin sightings today.

Went to visit the "Techspert" Phillip to ask him about loading pictures onto my computer using Windows8.  Hopefully, his suggestion works.

I was looking for something to tempt my tastebuds in the Lido when I met June and Penny eating dinner.  A few minutes later Connie and Sue joined us and we had a good time until it was time for Pub Trivia.  We lost by one point.
Q.  Which Great Lake does not border Canada?
Q.  What is the most common name in nursery rhymes?
Q.  Which country has the most Roman Catholics?

Back to my cabin to watch the news and catch up on the blog.  Since I still don't have much of an appetite, I did not go to dinner in the MDR.

Name that Tune was on Woodstock.  None of my teammates showed up and I had a dismal 5 out of 18 on my own.

Took a walk on the deck before heading to the Lido to try the "Late Snack".  After dinner in the MDR I have never been hungry so haven't had the chance to try it until tonight.  I had some fresh fruit and cheese and crackers.

Geography trivia - Chicago, France, 71%
Culinary trivia - Guinness, lightens, 750ml
Pub Trivia -  Michigan, Jack, Brazil

Sea day tomorrow and we are having our cabin crawl.

Smooth sailing until next time!
           
                                             the first two acts of te Indonesian Crew Show




Views of Huatulco fromm the ship








No comments:

Post a Comment