Where is M/S Westerdam now? click here

Monday, April 27, 2015

At Sea

April 26

Woke up a little after nine and watched the morning show until a little before ten when I left for the Crow's Nest and an early 10:30 team trivia.
Q.  Where were the first Panama hats made?
Q.  What is the southernmost capital city?
Q.  How many wives did Henry VIII have beheaded?

Our last meet and greet was in the Crow's Nest at 11.  HAL had mimosas and snacks for us and Captain van Eerten, the hotel manager, and the head chef came by.  About 30 people attended.

Changed into my bathing suit because I was determined to sit out in the sun.  After a quick lunch in the Lido I went out on deck 9 by the Seaview Pool.  Ever since we left Cabo the temperature has been dropping and it was in the mid 60s and very windy outside.  I lasted for about an hour and a half.

The pool volleyball game was set for 2 pm but Shane, the CD, had a hard time getting anyone willing to go in the pool.  The game finally started about 2:20 with only three passengers against three crew members.  I didn't stay for the whole game but instead had ice cream and finished reading my second book.

After changing I went back to the Lido and sat with Penny and June and talked until I went to make sure I had the right paperwork for San Diego and talk with the future cruise lady.  It was then back to the Lido for a salad and a slice of pizza for dinner.  We then headed to Pub Trivia.
Q.  What is the world's smallest fish?
Q.  Where did Howdy Doody live?
Q.  When was Sputnik launched?

I had decided yesterday I was not eating dinner in the MDR so I could attend the British Invasion Name that Tune and Dancing with the Stars at Sea.  So, when you hear "British Invasion" what do you think?  Beatles, Rolling Stones, Petula Clark, Peter and Gordon?  Wrong!  To 27 year old show host Santana,  it is more Queen and Amy Winehouse.  The faces on those playing (including ours) were all rather dumbfounded.  We managed six points but only because we got the three point bonus correct.

Headed to the theater to snag a seat for DWTS at Sea an hour early because the place fills up quickly (we were not the first there).  It was a lot of fun and a really good dancer won (her husband came in second).

We gain an hour tonight and will arrive in San Diego early in the morning.  I have a 9:45 tour but have to get through immigration first.

Team Trivia - Ecuador, Wellington NZ, two
Pub Trivia - goby, Doodyville, 1957

Smooth sailing until next time!

the hotel manager, head chef, and the captain

brave souls in the cold pool


the DWTS winner, her partner, and CD Shane Michaels


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking me along on your cruise. Your descriptions and pictures are what I look forward to each morning. I'm happy your first HAL cruise has been a huge success and that you are looking forward to others. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete