Where is M/S Westerdam now? click here

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

At sea

April 14, 2015

Up around 9:30, watched "Good Morning Westerdam" which is what I call the morning show.  Tried to get to the lecture on the Panama Canal but people were standing two or three deep so I gave up.  Instead I did some catching up with things on-line.

At noon about 20 of us from the roll call met for lunch at the Pinnacle Grill.  Lunch was very good.  I started with a crab and scallop appetizer, then had the Bistro steak entree and sorbet with fresh strawberries for dessert.

Because of the lunch I had to skip afternoon trivia.  At 2 it was time for Bunco.  Again we had six playing.  I didn't get the lowest score but came close!

Ice cream in the Lido while I read before getting changed for dinner.  The lecture for today was  replayed on TV as I was getting ready for dinner so I was able to watch it.  It actually helped in trivia.

We had 18 correct for trivia but the winners had 19.
Q. What living thing can jump 130 times its own height?
Q. What does the acronym "golf" stand for?
Q. What fruit has the most calories per ounce?
Q. How many years did it take the US to build the Panama Canal.

There were only five for dinner.  I had blackened chicken Caesar salad and creme brûlée.

My tour meets at 7 (that is AM!!!!) so no show and early to bed (by 10:30!).

Sorry about the size of yesterday's picture.  I resized it as usual but for some reason it came out enormous.

Trivia answers - flea, gentlemen only ladies forbidden, avocado, ten

If you are up early on the 16th you can see us on the Panama Canal webcams.

Smooth sailing until next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment